Essay writing is one of the significant parts of academic writing and curriculum. It is very common in high school and college. Professors often ask students to write different types of essays. So, you need to be aware of different types of essays so that whenever you are asked to write a particular type of essay, you can produce an effective essay. Essay writing seems to be an essay but it is a focused piece of writing that needs a set of skills. Thus, this blog will help you understand different types of essays and how you can develop an effective essay.
Do not be stressed if you feel incapable to write an effective essay. We are providing the Best Essay Writing Service to assist you to score good marks and boost your grade. Avail our services to give a sense of peace to your mind.
Before going into detail, it is important to know that you need to go through the major three stages while writing an essay. These stages are as follows;
- Preparation: In this stage, you need to decide on your topic of the essay, create an outline of the essay, do your research, and write down the key points.
- Writing: This is the stage where you actually start writing your essay. In this stage, you need to set out your argument, develop it in the main body with pieces of evidence, and bind it up with a conclusion.
- Revision: This is the final stage where you need to go through the whole essay in order to check grammar, spellings, content, punctuation, formatting, and organization of the essay.
Types of essay
Before starting writing your essay, you need to decide the type of essay you are planning to write because the quality and effectiveness of your essay greatly depend on the types of essays. So, you need to know different types of essays in detail so that you can formulate your essay effectively. There are four major types of essay that you should be aware of.
- Narrative essay: It is like telling a story or imparting information about the topic in a straight forward and orderly manner. It allows students to be creative or express themselves in a creative way. Students are often asked to write about their personal experiences. It is an example of a narrative essay because students tell about their personal experiences in a storytelling manner.
- Persuasive essay: This is one of the challenging essays because students are required to convince their readers on the matter discussed in the essay. Thus, it should be convincing. You need to be creative in order to convince the reader to agree with your opinion. You need to present an argument to sway the reader in one or another way.
- Expository essay: This is an essay in which you need to explain to your audience how to do a process. You need to investigate the idea, identify and evaluate evidence, and develop an argument related to the idea in a concise as well as clear manner. One Essay Writing Example of an expository essay is “how to make a peanut butter sandwich.” In this essay, you need to explain step-by-step instructions to make a peanut butter sandwich.
- Descriptive essay: This is an essay in which students are required to describe something such as a person, object, place, event, emotion, experience, etc. You need to describe the topic in great detail in this essay.
If you are aware of such types of essays, you can effectively select the topic and format your essay. However, apart from the above discussed, there are few other types of essays as well that you should be aware of.
- Argumentative essay: In this essay, you need to take a position on an issue that is generally controversial. You also need to present pieces of evidence in your position in order to make your argument strong.
- Compare and contrast essay: In this essay, you need to identify similarities and differences between two objects, persons, places, events, etc. that are under the same roof.
Tips to write an effective essay
By following the given steps or tips, you can effectively write your essay and secure good marks. Focus on the discussed points below and draft your essay accordingly.
- Select the type of essay: This is the first step to write an essay. You need to define or figure out what type of essay you are going to write. It could be either narrative, persuasive, expository, descriptive, or argumentative.
- Brainstorm: It is very tough to write your essay if you do not have an idea about the topic of the essay. So, you need to brainstorm so that you can gain an idea about the topic of your essay. Brainstorming is a process in which you need to go through the topic and develop ideas about it.
- Research the topic: In this step, you should research the topic in detail and write down the key points. It helps in writing a good piece of an essay.
- Develop a thesis: The thesis statement is the key point of the essay. It determines the effectiveness of the essay. It is a sentence that gives a glimpse of the essay and says what the essay is all about. So, you need to focus on developing a thesis in order to develop an effective thesis statement.
- Outline the essay: In this step, you need to outline what you are going to write. It helps in making your essay logical as well as organized. It also helps in ensuring that the essay flows properly.
- Write the essay: This is the step where you actually write your essay. After outlining the essay, develop your essay based on the outline of the essay. It helps in developing a cohesive and clear essay.
- Revise the essay: After developing the whole essay, you must revise your essay in order to check spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes.
Writing a cohesive and clear essay is a tough task. You need to focus on the process of writing your essay. However, I hope you have gained a good deal of knowledge that will help you write your essay effectively. If you are still confused and feel incapable of writing a good piece of essay, do not be stressed. Write My Assignment provides Assignment Help Services to help you out. Just reach out to us with the requirement of your assignment and let us complete your assignment with impeccable quality.